Thursday, June 9, 2011

2nd Grade Field Trip

The 2nd graders got to take a field trip to the Zoo this year. (and Ava was able to join us). Cristian said, and I quote, "This was the best field trip ever!" He got to ride the bus for the first time, ever. (just one way, because he rode home with me after the field trip :). We really did have a great time, and the weather was so pleasant. Each parent was in charge of 3 kids (and I had Cristian, Ava, and one other little boy). My friend Lana and I buddied up, and went around the zoo together with our groups. Here are the 6 kids together at the entrance.
We are used to saying peacocks at the zoo, but it's pretty rare that we see one with its feathers fanned out.
A cute little white fox
The kids watching the polar bear swim and play
He was so cute to watch!
Trey, Ava, Cameron, Cristian, Carlos, and Hayden standing by the Polar bear art work.
A Puffin
petting some Otter fur
Standing by the camels
Cristian feeding the budgies
Ava feeding the budgies
Holding 2 new budgies
Trey and Hayden with their bird seed sticks
I thought this owl was so pretty!
Lunch time
Cristian telling his teacher all about the things he'd seen
After lunch we played in the fun zone for a while
Cristian in the middle
a lizard
The kids and Lana checking out the lizard
some of the very cool Moms who were also chaperoning :) sitting down waiting for the show to start
Lana and me
I think this was a bobcat
another interesting looking animal, not sure what this is, maybe a badger?
A black bird in flight
Ava watching the show
The kids checking out the Elephants
me and my kids
Lana and I (picture taken by Ava)
The Momma Tiger
The two baby cubs, getting so much bigger. I think they are almost 1 year old now.
In the shark's jaw inside the aquarium
My friend Nicole and her two girls went to the zoo that day too, so they hung out with us for a short while.
Ellie, Emma, and Ava
Cristian with the girls
Ava sitting in the birds nest
Lana and me, again :)
Ava and Emma
Sun bathing girls!

1 comment:

jessica said...

It looks like you had an awesome field trip to the zoo! That picture where you said you thought it was a badger...I'm pretty sure you are right...I should know for sure, being that it is our state animal and all, but fortunately I have never run into one...they are MEAN! Glad the kids had so much fun and Cristian enjoyed his "best field trip ever!"