Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Arizona, Spring Break Day 6

We had a fun day planned for the kids on Sunday since Scott had the day off of work. After breakfast we headed to the Phoenix Zoo.
Our family at the zoo
Close up of us at the zoo
Zebras
I think I've only seen pink flamingo's before... these ones looked like they might have been pink at one time. It's almost like the sun has faded their feathers :)
funny little monkey
The kids checking out some animals
Kyle and Carter looking at the rhino (who is blending in with the wall)
Kyle, Scott, and the kids checking out all the creepy crawly things, like snakes, tarantulas, etc. This was as close as Nicole and I got :)
We also brought swim suits so the kids could play at the splash park inside the zoo.
Ava coming down one of the slides (this thing really shoots them out like a canon ball)
So fun!!
Carter and daddy, pretty scenery in the back ground
Cristian walking through the water play area
All 5 kids
After a fun morning at the zoo, we went out for a late lunch, then came back and the kids/dads had a water fight
refilling their water guns
And they moved the slide so it went into the deep end.
and had fun playing with bubble wands

The kids posing for another group picture before dinner. Scott and Kyle BBQ'd chicken, steak, and prawns! YUM! After the kids were in bed, us adults played a couple rounds of Pictionary. Nicole and Scott were telling us that other people in their family refuse to play that game with them anymore because they are SOO GOOD at it! So we thought we'd see if they lived up to all the hype :) We played three rounds of pictionary, and they won 2 and we won 1 round. They are definitely good at this game, it's almost scary!! :) (maybe they practice?? LOL) It was a lot of fun!!

2 comments:

jessica said...

You got some great family photos!! Cool zoo too! Those flamingos did look kinda funny with not being pink:-)

I can't wait to come back and see pics from the rest of your vacation, but I have to go get my girls from school...it looks like you enjoyed beautiful weather and had a wonderful time from what little bit I was already able to see.

Nicole said...

You are hilarious! I will be stealing some of your pics of the kids for my blog too. :)