Thursday, November 18, 2010

Veteran's Day 2010

I took advantage of having Cristian home for the day by taking the kids to the zoo. It was a perfect morning for it, a little crispness to the air to remind us it was fall, but not too cold!
My mom, Cristian, Ava, and Carter looking at the elephants.
Tricia, Cristian, and Ava ready to go check out the new baby tiger cubs!
I'm always amused by the seals and otters :)
The kids with the little white arctic fox behind them.
The boys walking through the zoo :)
Cristian playing with Carter
Aren't they cute :) I love those boys!!
Ava and Carter switched places :)
The Red Wolf, for some reason looks a little like our dog, Mia to me :)
Ava taking a ride on the green horse
Cristian picked the Husky dog, of course!
Carter picked the Polar Bear... that was by far his favorite animal this trip to the zoo.
3 kids at the entrance to the zoo... if you click on this photo to make it bigger, you'll see Mt. Rainier in the background!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looks like another fun trip to the zoo...definitely looks fallish int he air in your pics! :) Maybe Mia is part wolf. LOL :)

jessica said...

What a fun way to spend a day off of school, I love all your pics. Yesterday I went to the zoo with Rebekah's class in chilly weather and it is somewhat different to see all the animals when it's colder. I think their behavior is different and everything, and I needed a huge coffee to warm up afterwards :-)