
Despite the last minute change of plans and chaos of transporting all our food up to my parents house, we really had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving! Ava was eager to try the Turkey while my dad was carving it!

Ava was thankful for the delicious turkey, and the yummy yams my mom made.

Carter playing in the playroom with Nannie. He loves these little nesting dolls.

Carter was thankful to spend some time playing with Nannie. Here he is finding the teeniest doll in the center.

Cristian was thankful that Auntie brought her Xbox. He had a lot of fun playing games with her!

Ava got to play Auntie's old Gameboy :)

And Carter did some coloring

I didn't get a ton of pictures since I spent the majority of my time before dinner fixing all the food I brought with us :) But my sister did snap this gem of all of us! I'm sure thankful for my family and the time we get to spend together!

Also, because of the power outage, we ended up spending the night at my parents house Thanksgiving night. The kids were extremely thankful for this extra treat, and deemed this the "Best Thanksgiving Ever." I have to say that it does rank up there for me too! After the kids were all in their pajamas and ready for bed, Kyle and I got to go out on a date, something else to be Thankful for!! We went and saw Harry Potter 7. At 5:30am on Black Friday, my mom came in and woke me up and suggested we go shopping. Well, I never turn down a shopping trip!! and we talked my sister into coming with us too. We found some great deals! Probably our best find was Poinsettia's for only $0.99/each at Home Depot! The one deal I was hoping to cash in on was a BUST... (we got the kids Nintendo DS's for Christmas at Target a few weeks ago). but...Walmart had them on sale for only $89.99, which would have saved me over $60. Unfortunately, they had already sold out of them by the time we got there. People started lining up for those in the store at 12:00 midnight. Crazy!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
6 comments:
Glad it all turned out well in the end!
I LOVE your family picture...you all look great in it! And what fun to squeeze in a date AND shopping...lucky girl!
Happy Thanksgiving, I'm glad you all enjoyed it in spite of the power outage and change in plans. You worked so hard, and your house looked great ~ I'm sure next year will work out!
Both your family picture and snowy photo in the header are great!!
So happy it all turned out and you were able to make the best of your holiday and have a great time! :)
What a wonderful Thanksgiving, in the end. We heard all about how bad the snow was. Seems like when it snows in Seattle ... it doesn't mess around. Love the new pic of the kids for your header. Cute.ness.
You will remember it...I still remember when this happened to us when I was in elementary school!
What cute Turkey Jammies! And good choice in the video, my kids love that Berenstain Bears!
Post a Comment