Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our Crazy Thanksgiving!

Well, this definitely was a Thanksgiving to remember! I had volunteered my house to host Thanksgiving this year, but it was just not meant to be. Thanksgiving morning, all was going well. I had the turkey in the oven, Ava had helped me set the dining room table, and the house was CLEAN!
I even broke out (not literally) my fine china.
The kitchen table was ready for the hors d'oeurves to be served.
Aren't those cute plates :)
I got a few new Fall/Thanksgiving decorations for the house
I think this one was my favorite :)
I was planning to put a picture of my kids in this frame.
Pilgrim tea light wax burner
Then, at 11:15am, our power went out. About 30 minutes later a Puget Sound Energy truck came down our street and we got the word that our power was going to be out for awhile. Our power lines happen to be buried under ground and they were going to have to dig to find the problem. So, we ended up taking all our food up to my parents house and having Thanksgiving up there. So, the table settings went untouched, and the decorations unseen. Oh well, perhaps next year I'll try again :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, that does add some excitement to your holiday. Good thing your mom lives close. :)

Nicole said...

Love all your decorations! :)