Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Reaction

Poor Cristian had a really bad sore throat and a fever last Wednesday, so I took him into the doctor so they could do a throat culture. Sure enough, he had strep throat... so the Doctor prescribed him Amoxicillin and away we went. He took his first dose that night and we sent him to bed. When he woke up the next morning, this is what he looked like! And trust me, this picture does not do the welts justice. I have seen my fair share of allergic reactions before, and this one was up there with one of the worst I've ever seen. So... back to the doctor we went.
(Not sure Cristian would love that I'm posting pics of him in his undies). So, it looks like we have yet ANOTHER allergy in the family :(

3 comments:

Nicole said...

OH ouch!! Poor Cristian! Glad he is better now! :(

Laura Gruner said...

Oh no! I am super allergic to amoxicillin and penicillin too. No fun! Glad it wasn't worse than just the welts!

jessica said...

Oh wow, Poor Cristian! I'm glad he's better now, but what a bad reaction! Emma is allergic to amoxicillin too, and just recently had a bad reaction to the codeine that was prescribed for her broken ankle. Allergies to medications are scary!!