September 25th-October 2, 2011

Meet Little Husky. Ava had the privilege of being the first one in her class to bring home their class friend. Her assignment was to take care of him for the week, and write about his adventures in their class journal. (with Mom or Dad's help). Ava and I went to the store and picked out some purple card stock and stickers to put her photos on (see below). We had fun doing this project together, and it got RAVE reviews from the teacher!

Little Husky with Ava at gymnastics

Little Husky at the zoo

Little Husky riding a Husky on the Merry Go Round at the zoo

Little Husky at Ava's dance class

Little Husky watching the Huskies game

Little Husky at the Pumpkin Patch

(Sorry this picture is blurry) but here is her complete project. She helped me recount each day, and put on all the stickers. "Little Husky had quite the exciting week with Ava! Ava enjoyed taking him everywhere she went. Monday, Little Husky went to gymnastics with Ava. She showed him all the tricks she can do on the bars and the balance beam. Tuesday, Ava took little Husky to school with her. He got to ride the bus, and he sat at her desk with her while she did her school work. Little Husky slept with Ava each night, and also got to meet "Big" Huksy."

"Wednesday, Ava and her little brother, Carter, took Little Husky to the Zoo. He saw lots of animals, played in the Kid Zone, and went on the Merry Go Round. Thursday Little Husky went to Ava's dance class. He watched her spin, twirl, and dance. Friday is "Family Fun Night" at Ava's house. Little Husky helped Ava make homemade pizzas for dinner, then played board games with Ava and her Mom, Dad, and two brothers, Cristian and Carter. Saturday, Little Husky helped Ava and her Mom decorate their house for fall and Halloween. It looks so festive! Little Husky also watched the Washington Huskies football game with Ava's family on t.v. We all celebrated when the Huskies won the game!! Sunday, Little Husky went to Church with Ava and her family, and then to the Pumpkin Patch. We saw animals, rode go karts on the speedway, went through the corn maze, and of course, saw many pumpkins."

"I had so much fun with Ava and her family, and am looking forward to the many more adventures I will go on this year with Ava's classmates. Woof, Woof, Little Husky"
"I had so much fun with Little Husky. Ava"
Ava is already looking forward to her second turn of taking care of Little Husky. It'll be fun to read all about his other adventures! What a fun Kindergarten class project!
2 comments:
This is such a cute project and something fun for the kids to look forward to ~ I love classroom assignments like this. And now I'm understanding in the zoo photos from above why Ava looked like she was taking such good care of little husky. Very sweet! I'm glad Ava had such a good time taking care of him, and it looks like she did a fabulous job! She sure kept little husky busy.
Ahhh!!!! I did those projects with my Kindergarten classes! What a great way to start out and set the bar high :) I LOVE it!
Post a Comment