
Here's Cristian on his 1st day of 2nd grade, back in September...

And here he is on his last day of 2nd grade!

Can hardly believe he'll be in the 3rd grade. Good bye primary, hello intermediate school.

One of the things I love about volunteering in the classroom for several hours a week is you really get to know your child's teacher. And over the year, I learned what Ms. B's favorite restaurant is (she mentioned her husband taking her there for their anniversary), and I also learned that her favorite meal is salmon. Little did she know, I have a freezer full of Fresh caught salmon from Alaska! So, we bought Ms. B a cooler, put 4 salmon in it, and some wood planks to grille it on, along with a rub/seasoning for salmon, and we also included 2 of our favorite salmon marinade recipes in with the card. I have never seen someone so excited to get salmon in my life! And, about 10 of us moms went in on a gift card to her favorite restaurant. She was very surprised, and very, very appreciative.

Cristian's class also was treated to an ice cream party because their class raised the most money for new playground equipment!!

Cristian on his last day as a second grader

Ava enjoying some ice cream with Jaynie and Lydia

After school we celebrated with our 3rd annual lunch at McDonalds followed by a movie.

Bailey, Hayden, Jaynie, Cristian, Peyton, Maggie, and Zack

Here are the boys showing what grade they'll be in next year... two 3rd graders, and two 4th graders!

Everyone before the movie, Mr. Popper's Penguins

Popcorn and candy in hand, and ready for the movie to start

Since it was over 80 degrees, after riding bikes and playing outside, the kids had a water balloon fight.

Gottcha

Carter enjoyed popping water balloons on the driveway

good throw buddy!!
HELLLLLOOOOO SUMMER VACATION!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Looks like a super fun last day! Love the gift you chose to do for his teacher!
I love summer, and it looks like you kicked yours of with such a great last day! The gift for Cristian's teacher was so thoughtful, I'm sure she is going to enjoy it a lot! How was the movie?
Post a Comment