
It's really rare for us to get snow before Thanksgiving in the Pacific Northwest! In fact, the last time it happened I was Cristian's age. The snow started on Sunday... we got about an inch, just enough to make it look so pretty outside! Sunday night we went to bed and they had already announced that Cristian's school would be 2 hours late the next morning. When we woke up, there was no new snow. We enjoyed our lazy morning, ate a big breakfast, and then got Cristian all ready for school a bit early so the kids could "play" around in the snow before we left. And then it HIT... in a matter of 15 minutes we went from having a "dusting of snow" to having INCHES of it. The driving conditions were horrible as I was driving Cristian to school. But we made it, and he told me he really enjoyed making a huge snowman with his friends at recess!

My 3 kids enjoying the snow!

Well, Cristian hadn't even been at school for an hour when I got a phone call saying they were going to let the kids out of school early. Our dusting of snow had turned into 3-4 inches at that point, and they weather man was predicting 2 to 6 MORE inches of snow before the day was over. So we went back to the school to get him, made a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some essentials in case we really did get snowed in, and then enjoyed the rest of the day playing in the snow.

My mom drove down Monday morning because we had initially planned on going to Costco after taking C to school. But like I said, it went from "not that bad" to "horrible" in a matter of 15 minutes. It was literally a WHITE OUT. You couldn't see more then 5 feet in front of you the snow was coming down so hard, and the wind was whipping around making it that much worse.

All cozy in my Husky coat :)

Carter and Ava making snow Angels.

Ava shoveling the driveway

Always fun to play on the big toy in the snow!!!

Carter following big sister

The next day school was canceled. Depending on where you live in our district, people got upwards of 8" of snow. Roads were closed and cars were abandoned all over the place. But we had fun having snow ball fights, eating snow, and walking to Starbucks for hot chocolate!

Making snow angels

Another snow angel

My 3 snow babies :)

Getting ready to head out on our walk to Starbucks. (don't let the sun fool you... our high temperature on Tuesday was 24 degrees... when we headed out, it was a mere 19 degrees!)

Cutest baby!

Love this guy!

and this girl!!

and this boy!!
2 comments:
Look at all that SNOW!!!! :) Glad you got to enjoy some early snow this year. :)
What a nice surprise snowfall for you all! The kids look so cute playing in the snow! I bet they had a blast ~ I remember when I used to love the snow that much, now I only enjoy it when I can gaze out the window at it {not shovel it!!}
I like the cute pic of you too :-)
Post a Comment