Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Day of School

Here's Cristian on his last day of 1st Grade. Although I'm excited to have him home every day this summer, it was sad to say goodbye to such a fabulous teacher, and bittersweet to know I now have a 2nd grader. He just keeps growing up on me! We're so proud of how hard he worked and how much he learned this year! and he brought home yet another wonderful report card. Way to go Cristian.
On the last day, they played a couple of games and had a root beer float party.
Ava got to join us too. She is going to know this school and the teachers so well by the time she starts Kindergarten.
Bye bye First Grade... Hello 2nd Graders!!!
Since school got out at 11:30, my friends Erika and Lana and I thought it'd be fun to organize a little celebration and take some kids out to McDonalds for lunch and then to see Toy Story 3.

The girls... Bailey, Ava, Maggie, and Jaynie
The boys... Peyton, Cristian, and Hayden
Toy Story 3 was such a great movie!! LOVED IT.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What a fun last day!! Rootbeer floats, McDonald's, and Toy Story 3 all with friends!! Can't beat that!! :)

McCray Family said...

We still want to see Toy Story, hopefully this week! Glad school got out okay and went out with a bang, 2nd grade..so exciting!

jessica said...

Even though it's so great to have all the kids home together during the summer, I'm always a little sad to see the school year end too. It's like the kids keep moving on and we're running to keep up with them.

It looks like Cristian had an awesome last day! I'm glad the movie was good! We haven't seen it yet, but are excited to!